Chez Toast or Toast Haus

Toast is the most from coast to coast - and this is his Blog! You'll be witness to various insignificant musings. Please take them all with a grain of salt... or curry.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

So yeah... looks like it has been a while.

Ummm... where to start. I went to Hawaii back in April with my girlfriend and her family. We stayed on the Big Island and had a really nice time. While we were there, Little (my girlfriend) and I took a trip up to the top of the Mauna Kea volcano at 14,000 feet. They have some of the world's best telescopes up there (like the Keck Observatory etc...) since the air is so clean and the area is free from light pollution. Going to the summit to watch sunset and then going back down a few thousand feet to do some stargazing was the plan. But I had a small suprise while we were watching the sunset. But let me back up a bit...

On one of our first dates, Little took me to one of her favorite spots on Pine Mountain (the area of Georgia that FDR was so fond of). While we were there, we had one of those close "first kiss" moments. So, I looked her in the eye and said, "If I asked you to kiss me now, would you?" She said yes and then I totally choked. I said, "Errr... okay, thats good to know for later I guess..." She was floored and I was totally humiliated. I recovered and we did later in the evening and now it makes for a funny story.

So, while we were at the summit, I mentioned that we were a bit higher up than Pine Mountain. She agreed. I looked her in the eye and said, "If I asked you to kiss me right now, would you?" She chuckled and said, "Yes." so we did. Then I said, "If I asked you to marry me right now, would you?" And she looked at me like that was not something I should joke about but said, "Yes." So, I got down on my knee, pulled out a ring and went through some previously rehearsed but horribly delivered proposal. There were lots of tears and hugs and such. The tour group that we were with had fun with it and clapped (they actually knew what I was going to do, though Little did not) for us.

So yeah, now I am going to get hitched! Couldn't be happier about it. Sure, I'm nervous but I am very excited too. Guess it's a "Hope I don't screw it up" anxiety thing. No worries though. We've set the date for December 1st and plans are in the works. I can't wait :)

Other stuff; I finished spring semester a few weeks ago with 2 more "A"s. Turns out I'm a pretty decent student. Nothing but "A"s since I started back last summer. I've got one full year down... four more to go! Wait... four more to go? Sheesh!

I'm sure there is more but I've hit the wall for the moment... I promise it won't be months before another update.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger Bev said…

    Thanks for the update, but I already knew all of that.

    See ya Thursday??

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "That's good to know for later."

    BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Best panic moment EVER!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home