Chez Toast or Toast Haus

Toast is the most from coast to coast - and this is his Blog! You'll be witness to various insignificant musings. Please take them all with a grain of salt... or curry.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Turkey Aftermath and the end of the semester

Well, Thanksgiving is over. I think I have finally mastered cornbread dressing. It came out perfect this year. Honestly, I think it might have had something to do with my Aunt Nancy's cornmeal. She has a farm in southern Ohio and grinds her own meal. I've made cornbread with it a few times and it was the best I'd had. I used it in the dressing this time (or rather made cornbread with it and then used THAT in the dressing) and the texture was spot on.

The meal itself at my mom's was awesome this year. I really think that our Thanksgiving meal is the best you can get. Of course, everybody says that, otherwise the phrase "Just like Mom made." would mean nothing. Still, our feast has been tweaked and perfected over the years and this year it dawned on me just how "tight" the meal is. Everything compliments eachother. A food feind like myself really appreciates that. Maybe it's lost on other people, maybe I just have food issues. Either way, I really had a great meal.

Little and I went to her folks for our second Thanksgiving feast of the day. All I can say is that I should have declined the pie at Mom's before we left. I just can't turn down Mom's pie (she does the crust from scratch). My enjoyment of Lisa's family's meal suffered due to it I am sure. I was stuffed after bite three and it was all downhill from there. My back starting hurting and by Saturday, I was in the middle of a full on back collapse that pretty much ruined my weekend. I am really too young for this shit! But, now by the following Thursday, it's gotten much better.

My motorcycle riding gear should be here tommorrow. This is the stuff that I paid over a thousand dollars for, but after reading this article - I decided that you can't put a price on pain. Some of the pics are a little hard to look at but if you read the whole article, I promise you won't think me silly for spending so much on my stuff. I got special made mesh kevlar stuff that breaths great but has the same protection (if not better in some regards) to competition grade leather. Those who know me know that me in Atlanta heat wearing full leathers would just be a suicide looking for a place to happen. I don't do heat! So, I'm hoping to post a review of the stuff once I get it.

I have final exams in a few weeks (10 days). I am not too worried about them but you always hate the thought of blowing the semester's A grade by messing up on the final. I have a solid A in both the classes I am taking this semester. I haven't done the math but I would imagine that a C on the final would probably bring my grade down to a B which I can't afford. I am 3 thousandths of a point away from getting my GPA up over a 3.0 which should allow me to sponge some money off the HOPE Scholarship program for a few semesters. Frankly, since I was not a high school student in Georgia, I always thought I couldn't receive it. We'll see if it actually happens though. Wish me luck! Dealing with a state beauracracy (too lazy to spell check that one) is always a pain in the rear.

That about sums up my week. I am sure you've enjoyed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home